1945, alfred hitchcock
il dottor brulov è il professore di psicoanalisi con cui ha studiato la dottoressa constance petersen e le parole che le rivolge sono l’essenza dell’odio di hitchcock per le donne.
– Women make the best psychoanalysts until they fall in love. After that they make the best patients.
– And remember what I say – any husband of Constance is a husband of mine, so to speak.
– You grant me I know more than you, but on the other hand, you know more than me. Women’s talk. Bah!
– She knows. This is the way science goes backward. Who told you what he is? Freud?, or a crystal ball?
– What is there for you to see? We both know that the mind of a woman in love is operating on the lowest level of the intellect!